[Ansteorra] Stolen from the Ealdomerian Lexicon

Sweet, Debby deborah.s.sweet at okstate.edu
Mon Sep 25 08:23:42 PDT 2006

>>I have once. Her Grace Katrina of Iron Mountain called herself a Dance
Nazi
>>while she lived >in this Kingdom. ;)

>I'll take your word for it.  I've never had the pleasure of meeting the
lady.

Butting in here -- *I've* met HG Katrina -- and this statement makes me
laugh something awful. I think, if you heard Katrina call herself a
"dance Nazi" she was probably poking some fun at herself. Mostly I base
this on the remembrances of the dances that were in her dance
instruction book -- Gey Gordon, Dashing White Sergeant, Miterritsa
(spelling?), etc. -- which, for those with no clue in the dance world,
are fun, but not even remotely period dances (mostly 19th century
dances, I think). She was definitely not dance authenticity police.

Gee, I miss her something awful.

Estrill
(of course I knew her -- she was one of the 3 dance goddesses I learned
most of my dancing from -- Geta, Vashti & Katrina)
Dance instructor
Province of Mooneschadowe