[Ansteorra] Love and recognition

Samuel Hudson samuelhudson at tmail.com
Tue Sep 26 06:10:40 PDT 2006

My take: Being new to the sca, yet coming from amtgard, which has a
similar structure for awarding accomplishments.  On the way to any
structured award in this game, there will be goals that have to be
accomplished, quotas to be filled.  Surely if you were to ask a knight
what tasks must be completed to become a knight, it would involve
achieving a certain level of competancy on the lists and battlefield,
impressing the populace with your actions on and off the list, earn the
respect of your peers, and "the peers".  Oh yeah, and more, surely some
undefineable quality will be brought up that adds a touch of mystique.

Perhaps, like in amtgard, you can put a more specific definition to some
of these factors, perhaps not.  Maybe its win crown, run the field at a
melee, I do not know.  In amtgard the peerage system has ladder awards
for all types of accomplishments.  Some people play for the cookies,
some not, but all that wish to accomplish a goal must achieve a bare
minimum plus the respect of their peers.

Thanks for taking the time to read.
--samuelhudson