[Ansteorra] Odd question reguarding persona development

Marc Carlson marccarlson20 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 26 19:45:58 PDT 2006

>Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com I recall a lady from Meridies, who was
>present at the Anvil War, getting her Award of Arms. She, too, was a
>peasant, and when she realized why they'd called her into Court, she ran
>off and hid in the bathroom. His Majesty (Sir Francois, if I remember
>correctly) promptly got up from his throne, strode to the back of the hall,
>held open the bathroom door and had his herald read her scroll anyway.

You know. maybe it's just me, but if a person doesn't -want- an award,
forcing it on them not only is disrespectful to them, but demeans the award.
  Sure, people really appreciate the work that this person or that person
has done, and the Society doesn't really have a lot of other venues for
showing that appreciation.  Fair enough, but come on now.

At the very least, there's a distinct difference between shtick and farce.

Marc/Diarmaid