[Ansteorra] The Gentlemen's Turn

Mike C. Baker kihebard at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 29 18:03:14 PDT 2006

> We have heard a great deal about Chivalry, Honor and what we
> ladies expect from our 'Knights In Shining Armor' (be they
> the 'belted' variety or no).
> I think it is time THEY had their say about what they expect
> of us ladies!
>
> We ladies are not exempt from SCA 'ideals'.  I've run across
> everything from 'wenches' to 'Grand Dames' and every
> permutation in-be-tween.
>
> Gentlemen?
>
> Aoife

Well, someone beat me to quoting from "Rising of the Star"...

I would ask of Ansteorran ladies very little that they do not already
provide regularly and readily.  Perhaps more of a reminder-set that
anything new:

Be constant, whether in constancy or variability.

Be assured, that you are wanted and desirable whether in full panoply or
as little as you may be comfortable in for attire.

Be mindful, that those nearest and dearest can approach even when you
are most distracted and receive that answer they are most in need of for
that time.

Be at peace, and allow your peace to "infect" those around you, even if
you are not wholly certain of what you need for real inward peace.

Be your own self, and know that to be the best of all.

Adieu, Amra / ttfn - Mike / Pax ... Kihe (Mike C. Baker)
Opinions? I'm FULL of 'em | alt. e-mail: KiheBard at hotmail.com OR
MCBaker216 at cs.com
Buy my writings!: http://www.lulu.com/WizardsDen |