[Ansteorra] What's an AoA mean?

David Backlin edrei at smythkepe.org
Sun Sep 17 03:14:46 PDT 2006

>From what I have seen in my *mumble* years in the SCA, there is no hard and
fast rule regarding AoA's. In some groups,  you can receive one simply for
being active for x amount of time.  In other groups,  you have to accomplish
something, such as successfully autocrating an event or holding an office
for so many months. I have even seen it used as a bribe (if you do xyz
you,ll get an AoA).

My own opinion is I would nominate someone for service rendered to the local
group. It could be as simple as working "brute crew" at a couple events or
whose other works have contributed to the well-being of the local group or
who shows great promise for the future.

Ld Edrei the Quiet
(mka David Backlin)
Merchant and Adventurer