[Ansteorra] Walkie-Talkiers and Cell Phones

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Sep 18 20:09:41 PDT 2006

On Sep 18, 2006, at 8:07 PM, L T wrote:

> At Pennsic I left mine in my tent and used it as my "answering
> machine"...
> and did so with friends too...
>
> It was easier to call their cell than to hunt them down at Pennsic.
>
> L DeerSlayer

I'm curious how you kept your cell phone charged at Pennsic. I've got
a small solar panel and that is rather more mundane than I'd like,
and since I camp down in the trees next to the lake, it isn't always
that effective. I had a bit of trouble at Pennsic with a leaking tent
and after the thunderstorm the second week of Pennsic, my phone ended
up sitting in a pool of water. Apparently they really don't like
that. After it dried out, I found the battery was dead. I went up and
sat with it in the main bath house to get enough charge to call home
and let them know I was okay, but I'm wondering if you have a better
way. I've often found these electronic gadgets to be a lot of trouble
to deal with, but sometimes they are needed.

I think people just need to go to the effort to make sure they don't
intrude.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas