[Ansteorra] Walkie-Talkiers and Cell Phones

L T ldeerslayer at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 19 12:13:02 PDT 2006

It's Ivar's fault...

"booster" from Sears...I got the 950 amp one...(on sale 69.99)
has two dc-plug-ins and a light...worked wonderfully all week
clipped the 12v fan to it...and plugged in the phone when it
needed it...otherwise kept the phone in one of my clothing tubs...
out of the wet...and checked it periodically...

LDeerSlayer

Stefan li Rous <StefanliRous at austin.rr.com> wrote: On Sep 18, 2006, at 8:07 PM, L T wrote:

> At Pennsic I left mine in my tent and used it as my "answering
> machine"...
> and did so with friends too...
>
> It was easier to call their cell than to hunt them down at Pennsic.
>
> L DeerSlayer

I'm curious how you kept your cell phone charged at Pennsic. I've got
a small solar panel and that is rather more mundane than I'd like,
and since I camp down in the trees next to the lake, it isn't always
that effective. I had a bit of trouble at Pennsic with a leaking tent
and after the thunderstorm the second week of Pennsic, my phone ended
up sitting in a pool of water. Apparently they really don't like
that. After it dried out, I found the battery was dead. I went up and
sat with it in the main bath house to get enough charge to call home
and let them know I was okay, but I'm wondering if you have a better
way. I've often found these electronic gadgets to be a lot of trouble
to deal with, but sometimes they are needed.

I think people just need to go to the effort to make sure they don't
intrude.

Stefan
-