[Ansteorra] Walkie-Talkiers and Cell Phones

Susan Hill sueorintx at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 19 16:13:49 PDT 2006

Sir Corwin,

In period, runners did their jobs because they had to, they weren't given a
choice. In our 'middle ages-the-way-it-ought-to-be' recreation, people have
lots of choices. We considered using runners for an event in the last
year...A Warlord, to be exact. The thought came up in the earliest planning
meetings and was quickly disregarded because we could not be sure that we
could get enough people to do the job. A commitment was needed from a lot of
people and we didn't feel that it would be possible to get it. Being a
runner these days means you will miss out on a lot of stuff in places you
would rather be, spend a lot of time looking for people in places they
weren't supposed to be, and in all kinds of adverse conditions, and spend a
lot of time being bored. Without getting substantial compensation of some
sort, very few people will take the responsiblity on. Unless,
perhaps.....some squires could be designated as runners......just a thought.

Lyneya de Grey