[Ansteorra] First Event

Agnarr Thorvaldsson agnarr at cox.net
Fri Sep 22 12:24:29 PDT 2006

Well Sir Gunther you were just a 'wee baby of a knight' when I first got
started in the SCA.
    But my first encounter with the SCA was in the summer of 1983 when I did
an interview for the local radio station I was working at as the owner of
the radio station wanted a news story on the 'strange folks out at the park
hitting each other with sticks'.  That event was held in the city park in
Big Spring Texas; and I remember correctly that event was set up to be a
dispute between the then shires of Bonwicke and Blacklake.

(I even remember interviewing Mistress Martha, Mistress Anna, as well as
Master Hakon).

Agnarr