[Ansteorra] "what was your first event"

Simone Ui'Dunlaingh simonemu at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 12:37:18 PDT 2006

My first event was June 1979 in the shire of lonly tower far west
(clark AFB philippens). It was my first fighting tourney. I can still
remeber morning court were it was anounced that while we slept The
principality of Ansteorra had become the Kindgom of Ansteorra, and in
recognition of the new kingdom the first rounds of the list would be
fought in honour of the new kingdom Long may she endure. So we made
our salutes to king and crown then faced the east and Saluted our
friends of Ansteorra. I would like to say i won my first fight but
alas i fought one of greater skill than I.  But it set a tone for the
tourny that tuched my heart.

the day was full of wonder and revelry. I fought, I paged,  I found a
place i belonged. It was a start of a journey With joy and sorrows i
would not trade for anything.  And i find myself blessed to live in
the Kingdom I fought my first fight in honour of so many years ago.

Simone
Muirenn ingen Senáin uí Dúnlaing.
We will be with you in the
fellowship of the spirit, and you