[Ansteorra] Cookies and Management....was Whats happening...

Ldyinnes at aol.com Ldyinnes at aol.com
Sat Sep 23 17:58:41 PDT 2006

Dear Sir,

Nowhere in my post did I say that awards or cookies are bad.

I have known some people who were interested only in that.  I agree  that it
is a good way to manage your group, at times,.  However not in every instance.
 One couple who I will not name did not get their awards when they thought
they should, and were vocal about it.   Another instance is a young man was in
our Barony for approx 7 years before he got his AOA, and yet he still worked
harder than anyone I have ever known.  He was there for set up and tear down,
and working.  Helped set up camps, fought, and was always courteous, he just
fell through the cracks.  Every one assumed he has his AOA already.  When he did
get it he was suprised and pleased as punch.

On the other hand however I have seen other people get theirs after a year or
less, and they act as though they should have gotten it sooner.

Several months ago we had a thread on our list, the Keystones list, asking
,,if you had to give up all of your awards, which one would you choose to keep.
All of the keystones said they would keep their keystone.  As a Keystone I
was one of the first to respond.  We take our duties very seriously and attempt
to gently advise our B & B to the best of our ability.  They cannot be
everywhere and see everything.

I only said if they are playing strickly for the awards, it is for the wrong
reasons in my opinion.

Innes