[Ansteorra] What's happening here?

Morgan Buchanan morganbuchanan at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 24 06:27:29 PDT 2006

I know I just posted a few points ponder that tend to agree or further
extrapolate along the lines of JP, but Chiang's post here reminded me of one
more thing.

Referring to many of our awards as cookies (I like cookies too...in fact I
think I'm going to have a chocolate chunk for breakfast.  I can do that
because my mom is 1100 miles away.  LOL)  is a serious disservice.

A great number of our awards speak of the "...privileges and
RESPONSIBILITIES there to appertaining."  Our awards aren't blue ribbons at
the county fair that say, "Good job on everything you've done."  They're
more along the lines of promotions at work.  "Good job, Smithers.  Now,
here's more responsability.  Keep up the good work!"

In a more meta-sense, informally and modernly it's one thing to refer to our
award system as a whole as cookies.  But we do have awards that are more
cookie-oriented than others.  But by and large, an in particular the GoA and
up awards are replete with responsibilities.  Anyone who views them "just"
as a cookie to be attained is likely to be a bit disgruntled when they see
the tasks that will be given them upon the eating.  :)

Morgan