[Ansteorra] What's happening here?

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 10:59:22 PDT 2006

At 08:27 AM 9/24/2006, you wrote:
(snip)

>In a more meta-sense, informally and modernly it's one thing to refer to our
>award system as a whole as cookies.  But we do have awards that are more
>cookie-oriented than others.  But by and large, an in particular the GoA and
>up awards are replete with responsibilities.  Anyone who views them "just"
>as a cookie to be attained is likely to be a bit disgruntled when they see
>the tasks that will be given them upon the eating.  :)
>
>Morgan

But on the other paw, there's nothing that *requires* a person to
take on those responsibilities. Baby-Don Pointjock isn't going to
lose his mundane job if he doesn't get out and promote rapier combat;
he probably won't even lose his White Scarf. The most he'll probably
lose is the respect of his peers; if he's not playing with them any
more, then he probably won't notice (and may not even care.)

         -Tivar Moondragon
(chocolate chip, oatmeal chocolate chip, double-stuff Oreos, congo-bars)