[Ansteorra] War between Ansteorra and the Middle???

Marc Carlson marccarlson20 at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 24 21:39:16 PDT 2006

>From: Stefan li Rous <StefanliRous at austin.rr.com>
>There was a War between Ansteorra and the *Middle*?
>I went to the last Outlands/Ansteorra War and all but the second Gulf
>Wars between Ansteorra and Trimaris, but this is the first I've heard
>of a War between Ansteorra and the Middle. When and where was it
>held? How many people attended? Anything memorable happen there?

Unless I'm mistaken (and there are plenty of folks on this list who can
correct me if I am), but I believe that "Queen Willow's War" took place in
April 1979, while their Graces were on the Throne of Atenveldt.   They
assumed the throne of Ansteorra two months later when the Principality of
Ansteora became a kingdom (that would be AS 13 and 14 respectively).

I first heard about the SCA a short time after that, but didn't sign up at
that point.

Marc/Diarmaid