[Ansteorra] First Event

Claude Anthony Penny cpenny at swbell.net
Mon Sep 25 11:44:54 PDT 2006

My first event was Simon and Tessa's coronation at the Scarbourgh Fair
site.  My mom didn't like the idea of the SCA (she chided my retired dad
for reading murder mysteries, they weren't suitable reading
material---yep she was a control freak).  I brought some items to sell,
including some stickhorses.  I tied a rope between two small trees and
'picketed' them.  I had been to 2 populace meetings and I knew that
'brass hats' had to be treated and spoke to differently, so I spent a
lot of time avoiding them.  Late in the afternoon, HM Tessa spotted the
stickhorses and made a beeline for me.  I had to TALK to her, by myself,
at my first event.  Of course, she was a sweetheart and I didn't get
scared off.

Does anybody want to start a thread on events that we remember for
either the site or the weather?  I have several in that catagory.

Cairenn