[Ansteorra] Ansteorran History "Did You Know?"

vmarsh at twmarsh.net vmarsh at twmarsh.net
Tue Sep 26 08:55:32 PDT 2006

>Burke wrote:
>
>BTW, Oh Noble and equally knowledgeable one >:-} I expect you to add
>pearls of wisdom and interesting facts from your early days in
>southern Ansteorra. :-P

I was taking a break from my studies last night. Grad school online is going to *kill* me!

Let's see.....House Paiscumbre was the household of Master Gwylim and Lady Dale and Sir Andeleon du AxeGarth.

Vargskol Halfblood (mundanely known as Steve Jackson) and Seanna de Fraser (founding Baron and Baroness of Bryn Gwlad) had something to do with the changing of the names, I do believe. It was already the Shire of Bryn Gwlad when I joined in Spring of 1978. I became the Mistress of Arts upon attending my first officer's meeting after a fighter practice. Back then, the Arts and the Sciences were separate offices.

My first event was Barbarian 2 - which was not at Judge Brown's place that year. Judge Brown was Seanna's father.

Let's see.....what other tidbit of history do I know?
Middleford was originally the Shire of Gwyndebourne, which closed down at some point and was resurrected a few years later.

Gotta go - it's my lunchtime!

Xene aka Ximena