[Ansteorra] Odd question reguarding persona development

Simone Ui'Dunlaingh simonemu at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 19:13:03 PDT 2006

When I first joined. i was told  about creating a persona. I did not
have a real grasp of history. mater of fact at the time i hated to
read and was one of those kids you folks warned you to stay away from.
 SIr mika was very patient with me. i wanted to learn to fight so he
made a deal for each history book i read we made me a piece of armor.
he started me out  with books on the crusades. then  books on history
of difrent cultures. we talked alot of honour and integrety and
chivalry.  the great ideal our society values. ideals which were non
exisitant  in myown life back then.

my persona in the SCA  became a person I wished I could be holding
dear to the ideal i personaly lacked. over the years learnign to act a
person of honour I have learned to have honour in my own life.
learning to be a person of chivalry i began to aply it in my own life.

It has been a journey. Today i still read I love it. my poersona is an
9th century Irish woman of respectability honour and integrety. and
though Istrive to have all that simone is in real life My persona is
still more than i am so that i may continue to strive to be better.

I think when creating our personas each of us has a diffent reason we
chose what we chose. Yet in the end we are all better for it.

Simone