[Ansteorra] Wanting Awards & Persona

Jean Paul de Sens jeanpauldesens at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 10:48:55 PDT 2006

Wow.  That was a very effective and concise summary of our culture Robert,
and the effect of conditioning via stories.   We do seem (in general) to be
the "no I don't want it/(but secretly yes I do)" in modern society.

Otoh, red belts, scarfs, yellow, and green belts are all a blatant statement
of "I would like to be X someday", but it doesn't bother us...

how come?

JP

On 9/28/06, Robert Fitzmorgan <fitzmorgan at gmail.com> wrote:

> --snippage--

   Our culture views it as somehow disreputable to openly seek awards,

--
I want to fight and to strive, to vie with my opponents and friends, and at
the end of the day cry out "ENOUGH!!! For I can lift my arms no longer"

That is what is good in life.