[Ansteorra] My Introduction into the SCA

Klfrench1023 at aol.com Klfrench1023 at aol.com
Mon Apr 16 21:02:41 PDT 2007

In a message dated 4/16/2007 6:52:38 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
littledragon0861 at gmail.com writes:

My  introduction came through my brother and a group of his " weird"  friends.
They were into the SCA, Hobbiton and D &D. My former  sister-in-law convinced
me that since I was into history and loved ren  faire, that I should try the
SCA. MY first event? The first Queen's  Champion Tourney in Caid...1978.
Rebbe Hadassah

Me too!  Only it was my sister, Mistress Alanna of Caer du  Pard, and it was
a Namron fighter practice in 1977.  I was 14, and not  interested in any of
that *nonsense*.  When I moved to Tulsa to live  with her in 1981, pregnant and
unwed, her SCA family welcomed me with open arms  when the rest of our family
did not.  Although most of my play,  including my peerage, was in Caer Galen
in the Outlands (Boulder,  CO), Northkeep will always hold a special place in
my heart.  She  showed me all of her costume books, and then proceeded to tell
me that  I really wanted to be Welsh, and why!  After I moved to the Outlands
and  had been playing awhile, I confessed to her that I had changed my name
and  personna.  She screamed, "Aha!  I always knew you were a closet  Italian!"

M. Caterina Fregoso