[Ansteorra] Did you find your way to the SCA through a demo?

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 04:26:53 PDT 2007

At 12:28 PM 4/16/2007, you wrote:
>Greetings everyone!
>
>   Quick question if I may, who out there found their way to the SCA
> through a demo of some sort?  If you did, I would be interested in
> finding out.  Please email me at juliecunningham65 at yahoo.com to let
> me know of your experience.  I would like to know which demo (TRF,
> NTIF, etc)  and what year at least

I've told the story before of how I met the SCA over the point of
Duke Lloyd's sword (although he was just "Lloyd" in those days) when
they were doing a demo at Rice University's Baker Shakespeare Festival.

I didn't really get involved until about six months later when one of
the SCA guys started showing up at the Rice University Fencing Club
practices, and he ended up taking me to my first tournament
(Tournament of the Lost River, in what eventually became Bjornsborg,
Thanksgiving weekend of 1975.) I've been hooked ever since.

         -Tivar Moondragon