[Ansteorra] good or bad events

Mahee mahee_of_acre at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 29 08:50:15 PDT 2007

What I like about court:
       Master Modieus once said that any court can be good, but the herald must pay attention to the crowd...it is all in the timing. I have been heralding court now for a 2 years now in a kingdom where a short court is an hour and long court runs from sunrise to sunset...and I have found great wisdom in Master Modius's words. A really good herald is needed for a really good court.
       Another very wise man once told me that it was the herald's job to make sure that what was put on court buisness invovled everyone. When court invovles me, I like it as do most people. When court happens up on the stage and no one else knows what is happening, that is not so good...a good herald finds a way to let the populous be invovled with the quiet stuff. So what and who is put on court buisness must be carefully controlled.
       I really love a good court. When they move at a good pace and I know what all is going on, it is wonderful. I have often sat beside a newbie and translated court for them so they could be involved as well.
       I can tell you that it is not the length of court that is makes court good or bad, but the pacing and keeping the populous invovled.

  your servant,
  mahee of acre, Ansteorra North (Yelm, WA)