[Ansteorra] good or bad courts

zubeydah at northkeep.org zubeydah at northkeep.org
Mon Apr 30 06:40:32 PDT 2007

One of the most cleverly arranged courts I have been to was at last year's
Triumphe of the Eclipse, in Mooneschadowe.  The manner in which the court was
arranged was, for the greatest part, very smooth and kept the 'flow' of things
going very well.  It was also very nice that they had two heralds for part of
the court, both of whom were easily heard.

As it was a court in which their past year's champions and their new champions
were being acknowledged, they were called up together, rather than seperately.
This also helped the audience correlate who had achieved which champion, and
helped give a sense of the 'history' and the 'passing down' aspect of the
distinction which had been won.

As well, the bards were careful to relay what was going on at the front, when
folks were speaking too quietly to be heard, when it was appropriate to do so.

It was really nice. I'm not sure who was in charge of organizing it that
specific way, but it turned out cool. Easy to follow, brisk pace, very cool.

- Zubeydah Jamilla al-Badawiyyah
Mooneschadowe Groupie