[Ansteorra] good or bad courts

James Crouchet james at crouchet.com
Mon Apr 30 07:08:20 PDT 2007

Sounds like what you describe would eliminate some of the annoyances of
court.

IMO the "too quiet to be heard" parts of court should be limited to
stage direction and the like, such as, "What's next?" and "Go ahead and
kneel on the pillows." Personal discussions are, well, personal and do
not belong in a public court. The sitting noble could ask the person to
return at the end of court or at some other convenient time if they have
things they wish to say in private. Discussions that do not include the
sitting noble (i.e. between two people standing in court in front of the
noble) should be handled before the court or after, or perhaps quietly
off to the side (if it really needs to get done before the end of court)
while the rest of court proceeds.

But then, this is just one of my radical opinions about courts.

Christian Doré