[Ansteorra] good or bad courts

Rod Jackson culn97 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 30 10:39:17 PDT 2007

Greetings, My Friends,

  I once had the honor of being voice Herald for His Excellency, Niklas Vasilevich, then Baron of Ravensfort, when he represented Their Majesties at a Tempio event.

  He opened Court that morning to start the festivities, and to welcome all to the event, and then Court was “recessed,” not “closed” and he reopened “attack Courts” spaced throughout the day at various locations around the event to recognize various individuals on the spot.

  This had the effect of shortening the evening court, as we had a backlog of presentations to make.  It also provided His Excellency an opportunity to blind-side his voice Herald (me) by bringing in a Stunt Herald to announce an award that I was not aware of, for me.

  This resulted in all of the Court business being done without any Court session lasting so long as to bore anyone.  The only potentially tricky part was the court report, but I had that completed (except for 1 line), at least in draft, before the first court opened.

  Thank you, Your Excellency, for allowing me to be part of this wonderful memory.

  Your Servant,

  Colin McCrandall,
  Reformed Herald

zubeydah at northkeep.org wrote:    One of the most cleverly arranged courts I have been to was at last year's
Triumphe of the Eclipse, in Mooneschadowe. The manner in which the court was

  (trimmed)

  It was really nice. I'm not sure who was in charge of organizing it that
specific way, but it turned out cool. Easy to follow, brisk pace, very cool.

- Zubeydah Jamilla al-Badawiyyah
Mooneschadowe Groupie