[Ansteorra] good or bad courts

Ysabeau lady.ysabeau at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 10:59:29 PDT 2007

I like that idea! I think it is just as special for the person on the
receiving end to get it in a unique setting as receiving it in a
formal setting. I've seen fighters receive honor on the field...why
not honor a cook in the kitchen, a gate keeper while they are working
gate, or a minister of children while they are with the kids? I am
sure that no one would mind waiting five minutes or so to check in
while that person receives honors and congratulations before going
back to work.

I remember at Lysts last year, there was someone who the Crown wanted
to honor and they got word that the individual would be leaving site
before court. They convened an impromptu court in the courtyard during
dinner and awarded the honor (my memory isn't good enough to remember
who or what it was).

But then again, I've never been a big fan of courts for most of the
reasons others have listed. However, I will usually try to find
something else useful to be doing instead of sitting in court.

YMMV,
Ysabeau