[Ansteorra] To HE Armand, on Gothic

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 18:25:44 PDT 2007

At 10:34 AM 8/31/2007, you wrote:
>Unto my Fair Cousin, Baroness Katheryn Cunningghame, do I send fond
>greetings,
>
>I most humbly thank you for sending a contingent of your noble fighters. To
>be honest, while I shall miss your lovely countenance, I am relieved that
>you shall remain out of harms way. However, with many of your best fighters
>away, I fear for your personal safety. Yet am I reassured in the knowledge
>that your own Warlord, Sior Tomas, one of Elfsea's finest, shall remain at
>your side, for your protection. So rest easy, dear cousin, our forces are
>indeed formidable and the entire kingdom shall reap the benefits of our
>crusade.

"Crusade"
"For your protection"
"I fear for your personal safety"
"Out of harm's way"

Gee, Your Excellency, just a few weeks ago you were claiming that
your war of agression against the Western Region was nothing more
than a "test" of the mettle of Baron Kainin and his fighters. If this
was only a test, then why would Her Excellency of the Steppes need
such "protection?"

Or is it, perhaps, that you're now running some kind of "protection
racket" in addition to this blatant land-grab? I find myself
wondering just *why* their excellencies of Namron and Northkeep are
on your side... was it the promise of loot and lands from the Western
Region, or was it something more sinister?

         -Tivar Moondragon