[Ansteorra] Question 2/22

Burke McCrory bmccrory at tax.ok.gov
Thu Feb 22 10:00:41 PST 2007

At 12:04 AM 2/22/2007, you wrote:
>I've actually been wanting to bring this up for a while...
>
>1. In your opinion when is it appropriate to use Titles, Station, or Office
>on a list when signing an e-mail?

I tend to think that this is really a matter of personal choice.  If
you are an officer speaking officially about something that relates
to your office then you should include your office position.  You
will occasionally see former officers commenting on something and
they will list their former position to give standing to their
replay.  As for personal titles I have noticed that the more you have
the fewer you tend to use.  Like Kat and Tivar have indicated you
tend to see long standing members only use enough so that people know
who is posting.  Occasionally, people will post and use a title to
make a point or lend weight to a thought, but in the end it is really
up to each person to decide for themselves.

>2. In your opinion when is it appropriate to list Household affiliation
>or Championships, etc on a list when signing an e-mail?

Again it really is up to the individual.  If the post is concerning
your position as a champion (ex. Steppes Warlord posting about the
tourney format) then by all means.  If the title of champion is
something you are very proud of then go ahead, be proud and enjoy
your time in the spotlight (these tourneys are really hard to win!).

>L DeerSlayer

Burke