[Ansteorra] Community Service

HLDarcy HLDarcy at hot.rr.com
Mon Feb 26 17:04:31 PST 2007

Greetings,

I would like to pass on a fund raising activity that my household does to support our local public libraries.  It's a simple thing and could be adapted by any group to support libraries or other worthwhile community services in your area.

Whenever we have a household event, such as our monthly birthday tourneys, we charge a $1.00 site fee and we hold a raffle in the evening during feast.  Tickets are a $1.00 each or six for $5.00.  We also have members and friends who donate to the library fund.  The money raised is then given to our local libraries to purchase materials on the Middle Ages and the Renaissance.  So far we have raised $250 which has been spread out between 3 libraries.  We are very close to making our next donation as we do this in $50 increments.

If you do this as a branch project (canton, shire, barony, etc.) remember this money must be kept seperate from your branch funds.  You can keep it in an old coffee can or a shoe box, but don't put it into your group's bank account.  (I put it in an envelope and stick it in my sock draw until we have $50.)

HL Darcy Evaline o Lasgwm
Lady Burkhaven
House Burkhaven

Discovery Learning