[Ansteorra] Wordfame

Star - Ansteorra star at ansteorra.org
Tue Feb 27 15:38:02 PST 2007

Greetings good gentles all, from Druinne, Star.

Many of you know that the College of Scribes is a part of the College
of Heralds and as such is a part of my responsibility.  As their
"boss," I have something to say.

First, have you seen the new website for the CoS?  It has a refreshing
new look, new links, more information and a great gallery. I,
personally, have spent a lot of time using that website.  My home
barony has a great guild; only problem is, I can't make the meetings
during the week.  The scribal website got me started painting.  Now,
it is even better so that those folks who want to paint and either
don't have a guild or can't make the meetings now have a great way to
get information.  Check it out!

Second, have you seen some of the originals that the College of
Scribes has been producing?  Oh my goodness!  They have been
wonderful!!!  If you think that I am gushing, well, I am.  The lucky
recipients have beautiful works of art to show for their efforts.

Third, when was the last time you thanked a scribe?  Many people all
over the kingdom turn in charter after exquisite charter to be handed
out at court.  We are truly fortunate to be able to give out the
number of awards that we do and have such skill, time and effort put
into each one.

I wish that I could say that any of this was due to my leadership, but
it is not.  It is the sheer hard work, artistry and dedication of a
group of people who pick up the pen and the brush and make it all
possible.

Vivat to the Scribes and Illuminor of Ansteorra!!!

Druinne, Star