[Ansteorra] Marshalling pole challenge

Troop0341 at aol.com Troop0341 at aol.com
Wed Jan 31 04:07:53 PST 2007

In a message dated 1/31/2007 12:32:44 A.M. Central Standard Time,
james at crouchet.com writes:

Remember, we were talking about RAPIER marshal staves here. Let me  point
out that I can -- and DO -- use a hardwood stick for parrying on  the
rapier field. So, it is legal to fight with it but not to marshal  with
it. Seems kinda pointless huh?

Beside, I already know the REAL  reason for this rule...it provides the
armored fighters with a ready source  of free rattan. ;-)

Dore

This would be possible IF we don't have marshals that work both sides --
marshal staffs are marked the same way for both heavy and  rapier...     or
should we write another "rule" so heavy  staffs are marked one way, and rapier
another???    Just a  thought,
                                      With Respects to All,   Iain

Faith, Honor and Kingdom