[Ansteorra] Marshalling pole challenge

Brandon McDermott brandonsmcd at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 31 05:40:19 PST 2007

There are heavy combatants that use hardwood staves made to look like  "real" broken lances in their off hand as a shield. They of course cannot strike with these, but do block repeated blows with them. I have not seen these here in Ansteorra, but have heard of the in other Kingdoms. To me it is no different that a ply wood shield, except possibly stronger.

  Lochlan

Troop0341 at aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 1/31/2007 12:32:44 A.M. Central Standard Time,