[Ansteorra] Gothic Call To Arms!

Dragonetti dragonetti at generich.com
Wed Jul 25 08:56:18 PDT 2007

Unto the most venerable Don Tivar Moondragon, does Armand Dragonetti, Lord
Elfsea, send respectful greetings,

Noble Don, I have received your words and am sincerely distressed. Highly
regarded are thee, your leadership in the kingdom is undeniable. How then am
I able to reconcile thy words? Generosity compels me to conclude you simply
have not seen all that has transpired.

Had you been privy to all, you would have seen that I merely expressed
concern, and was met with indignation. I proposed a test with blunted
weapons and was met with threats of razor-edged steel. Who is the aggressor
here? Certainly not I, for I have only the safety of the kingdom in mind.
Not once have I suggested wresting control of Bonwicke from His Excellency,
but rather only to assist, at the pleasure of the Crown, with the vast
unprotected *crown* lands in the Western Region.

While tis true, Baron Kainin has, in the past, rallied support to defend
Ansteorra's western frontier quite well, he was able to do so while vigilant
in Bonwicke. His current ambitions frequently take him far from Bonwicke to
chronicle the history of the kingdom, or to so give the appearance. I take
umbrage at your accusation that I question the Crown's judgment here. As you
are well aware, our crown hails from the Coastal Region and cannot be
everywhere at once. It is my very obligation and loyalty to the crown that
elicits my current action.

Now if you choose to continue insinuations of sedition, I must conclude it a
consequence of HE Kainin's position with control of the press. But the truth
will prevail, and I implore you to look closely at recent events. Such love,
loyalty and enthusiasm for one of my cousins is touching, but I pray you,
let not blind faith cloud your judgment. My conscience is clean, choose
carefully your words, my friend.

With all due respect,
Armand Dragonetti
Lord Elfsea