[Ansteorra] baby leashes

Robert Stewart skerritheviking at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 10 12:20:46 PDT 2007

Baby leashes are a fantastic idea, especially if going to a large public place, like a mall.  Every parent knows h0ow fast a small child can disappear, and the worry that comes to heart immedietely.
       Add something else onto this:  Police studies show that it take 22 seconds for a child-abductor to be from beside you right when you turn your back, to at the edge of the parking lot turning into traffic.  How many of us that are parents have had our child go around the corner of an isle when we turn our back, and it takes us 30-40 seconds to get our child?  Our other types of totally mundane, normal situations?  A child restraint with the 5'-7' attached leash means you cover that tiny whole in watching our loved one(s).
       My wife and I use one, or if not then I am scanning and making sure I see our daughter every 10 seconds, even if she is across a play area or at an event.  Yes, I have had people come up and talk garbage to me for it.  I have always had this to say," It take 22 seconds for an abductor to grab a child from beside you the second you turn away to having their turn signal on at the edge of the parking lot.  I am not going to let that happen.  What about you, do you have children?"  In the 20 or 30 instances, twice it's been a parent, and those 2 times they changed their minds.  The other times, it's been a busy-body who does not have kids, and they changed their minds.  Who here wants to risk their child?  The restraint is 5$ at the various kids stores.  Believe me, it is worth it.

  Lord Skerri Valtorsson

Darius of the Bells <dmriney at earthlink.net> wrote:
  Our youngest never disappeared when she was small.. quite the opposite I remember several bardic circles just outside our tent where Amanda suddenly, and quite sans clothing, appeared as if from a swirling mist and graced us with her presence!

Darius (who will be hiding from his daughter now)