[Ansteorra] Noblesse Oblige alive in Bonwicke?

HE Kainin Tepesa kainintepesa at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 13 13:51:59 PDT 2007

Unto my good cousin of the great Barony of Elfsea,
Baron Armand Dragonetti, Lord Elfsea, greetings from
the lands of west,

Cousin, I must admit that your letter has caused me a
bit of confusion and wounds me a little at the same
time. I do not understand what has caused these
concerns of yours, but let me put them to rest.

First and foremost, good cousin, your information
seems to be confused at best. The mistress that you
speak of is none other than my own dear lady wife,
Baroness Oriana della Francesca who just recently was
elevated to the rank of Mistress of the Laurel, much
as your own lady wife was nearly a year ago. Mistress
Oriana is fair and beautiful to be sure and I thank
you for the compliments paid her but please correct
the news that you have heard because like the songs
say, she is a true Ansteorrian lady and there is steel
in her bodice.

As to your other charges,  I can assure you good
cousin that the Barony of Bonwicke and the whole of
the lands of the west are just as strong as they have
ever been. Yes we have been beset by various outlaws
in the past few years, but we are border lands and we
are used to these minor difficulties. The people of
the west are a strong and hearty lot, we have to be to
live in such arid and dry land and to constantly face
brigands and raiders. Worry not for the west, we don't
have the luxury of growing soft here.

As to the rest, I would wish to discuss this with you
in person dear cousin. Charges of currying favor are
unkind at best and an insult to my honor at worst. I
feel certain that you have misspoken.

I make my way to the Crown's Round Table this day, to
attend to Their Majesties duties, I hope that we get a
chance to discuss this further there.

In friendship,
Kainin Tepesa
Baron of Bonwicke