[Ansteorra] hiding mundane

Goldweard goldweard at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 13 09:12:37 PDT 2007

According to the Chronicles of the Abbey of Bury St.
Edmunds a historic diary which was written during the
time that my persona would have lived,   the author
referred to a clerk as "master ..."  (don't have the
book in front of me.   Yes clerk is the modernization
of cleric.   the clerics also taught.    Students
would not have had a title, but the teachers would.
They would have also chosen to maintain that name even
outside of the setting of the classroom.   Similar to
"Professor Doe."   Unfortunatly I believe the title
master applies.    Brother or sister does not normally
work for a lord or lady unless they are members of a
convent, which I am not.   I am a secular cleric
friar does not work as I am not a member of the
franciscan order.   (I know   I am making things
difficult for myself.)  it's just I want to be able to
fight, yet do not wish to be a monk  (living in a
monestary), but a teacher at a university. these were
the secular clerics who taught primarily.

(Catholic dictionary)
cloister; ...form the regular clergy, while those who
live in the world are called the secular clergy.
...The secular cleric makes no profession and follows
no religious rule, he possesses his own property like
laymen, he owes to his bishop canonical obedience,
...only the practice of celibacy in Holy Orders...The
secular clergy, ...always takes precedence of the
regular clergy of equal rank...