[Ansteorra] New trend

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 20 10:45:32 PDT 2007

One thing I was really taken by at Gulf Wars was how much
better our sites look than in the past. There are almost more
period style tents than modern. Garb is better and better, long
gone are t-tunics and blue jeans. The armor overall looks so much
better and some is spectacular!

Hound coursing, hawking, mounted combat, more realistic rapier,
encampments that work on looking period, The Green Dragon Inn,
bread ovens, trebuchets, castles, period drinking vessels, etc....etc....

Wow, just wow.

There will always be mundane intrusions with golf carts, highway
noise, sunglasses, smoking, cars driving down the road et al. But
things are continuing to look so much nicer and we are all working
on making events and wars a more period and beautiful place.

Thank you everyone. We're bringing the history back to life.

Yers,

Gunthar