[Ansteorra] So for we who live vicariously...

Genie Barrett ladymaggie at justinanimator.com
Tue Mar 20 21:04:01 PDT 2007

>On 3/19/07, zubeydah at northkeep.org <zubeydah at northkeep.org> wrote:
> >
> > For those who have returned from war:
> >
> > What was the brightest moment of glory or joy that you
> > witnessed/participated in?  What 'made' your war?
> >
> > Curiously,
> >
> > Zubeydah

The best moment of this war was my husband saying, on the drive home,
"Next year...."  and knowing that he is now as hooked as I am.

But....

Standing just behind the shield wall, I noticed how few people wanted
to push or attack, even when commanded.  Then suddenly there was
Master Ariklee (sp?) diving into the shield wall directly in front of
me taking out at least eight fighters by knocking them over if
nothing else.  He inspired me to follow the next rush.

Seeing fighters come and take bottles of water and gatoraide to the
fighters in the fortress while the arrows and rocks were flying
making it impossible for  waterbearers to move about.  Thus, being
useful instead of complaining about how much they hate those trebuchets.

Singing at the tavern until my voice almost gave out.

Seeing the joy on my daughter's face as she was able to pick out her
own bow.  It's pink.

Fighting in my first battle and realizing that, even when my feet
were stepped on and I was knocked over twice by the force of bodies,
I really was having one of the best times of my life.  The next day
was even better.

and

Kneeling in the middle of the battlefield while I was taken as Sior
Tomas' man-at-arms made this world go away for a moment, and I was
living my dream.

May you also find ways to live the dream
Maggie MacPherson