[Ansteorra] Targeting Japanese (Re: Armor inspections at Gulf Wars)

Sir Lyonel Oliver Grace sirlyonel at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 22 07:56:55 PDT 2007

Salut cozyns,

Warning. The following contains speculation and should not be quoted as
fact.

The Trimaran side had an entire household of fighters in black lacquered
bushi armor. They played against us in the 50-on-50
hockey/ogre-ball/capture-the-flag game on Thursday, and they proved
themseves an excellent spear team. They took shots a little harder than most
of the Trimarans, so possibly they were from another kingdom. In any case,
on Friday I overheard some grumblings about them being truly thick and
refusing to take shots. I honestly don't who these guys were. They were
allies, not Ansteorrans. I argued that I had not had any trouble getting the
Japanese contingent to take shots, but the grumblers insisted and proceeded
to regale me with anecdotes to prove that the Japanese group was a bunch of
evil rhinos.

That MIGHT have been the source of a targeted attack on the Japanese.
Honestly, I doubt that this happened. More likely, someone else overheard
the grumblings and miscommunicated this as "someone on the Ansteorran side
is out to hurt the Japanese."

I hope this serves as sufficient rumor control. If anyone has specific
information about a fighter or fighters who claim to be gunning for fighters
in Japanese armor, I'd like to hear about it offlist.

Merces.

En Lyonel
Impedimentum via est
(The obstacle is the path)