[Ansteorra] Armor inspections at Gulf Wars

Jean Paul de Sens jeanpauldesens at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 08:01:39 PDT 2007

The Glenn Abhenn Earl Marshal, Sir Rey, sent me this:

"I was standing over near the guy when he got knocked out.  It was excessive
but the guy was mortafied and appologized to him then and to the marshals.
 The guy was a little out of it still but was standing on his own two feet
when the guy appologized and he did answer him."

I was fighting up on the left side of the hill when this happened, and
remember the injury.  It was *very* scary to watch, as we saw that the
fighter was down and not moving.  I'm glad to hear that he is relatively ok,
and like the fighter, very mortified that he was hit that hard.

Now, I had the opportunity to fight against a good size unit of Japanese
guys in the "Battle of the 50" as well as the ravine battle, and can pretty
well verify that the gist was "stab the japanese quick, cause they are good
spear men" not "beat them up for not being Western European".

I save that behavior for my former squire brother, Yoshii :)

Sieur Jean Paul de Sens

On 3/22/07, djmccreary at peoplepc.com <djmccreary at peoplepc.com> wrote:

> My husband was the one knocked unconcious for a bit, and yes, as soon as
> we got him off the field we drove into town. Yes, he did have a concussion,
> luckily it was minor and other than a few hours of his eyes not tracking,
> extreame sleepiness, and major ringing in his ears, there were no long term
> severe damages. We live in Trimaris now, but I still subscribe to this list
> because I used to live in Ansteorra and often like to hear whats going on
> with old friends. Trimaris also suffered a broken hand, the marshals
> inspected the gauntlet and determined it was not at fault. We also had
> several people continuosly hit after being on the ground on their back, to
> the point that they were unable to stand. Spearmen had spears broken while
> they were on the ground to keep them from being able to rejoin the battles.
> I want you all to understand, that even after my husband being given a
> concussion by a hit with excessive force, I still stood up for Ansteorrra as
> my old home, but I must say, that if what I saw this week at GW was less
> than normal to most of you, I am glad I moved to Trimaris. In the 5 years I
> have lived in Trimaris, the worst injury Ive seen come off the field was a
> broken tooth due to improper equipment.
>
> We told the Ansteorran marshals that all we requested was that the
> gentleman who knocked Derek out find him during the week and apologize, we
> were given the option of asking that he be pulled from fighting for the week
> and felt that wasnt necessary. Unfortunantly, we were told the gentleman
> didnt feel the need to apologize. I also tracked down a few Ansteorrans I
> knew from my time in your Kingdom and was told that Derek and a few others
> were targeted because of their persona choice. I am truly shocked if that is
> the case, Derek wears Japanese armor, and the way his helm is designed,
> there are three overlapping layers of steel. I truly believe that if he had
> been wearing a conventional european helm, his injuries would have been far
> far worse. Those three layers of steel were dented in flat.
>
> Once again, for the first time, I am truly glad to live in Trimaris, for I
> am overly embarrased to be a formar member of Ansteorra.
>
> Ghita
>

> No trees were killed in the sending of this message,
> but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

There are no simple answers, but there are many simple questions.