[Ansteorra] Hard hitters (was Re: Armor inspections at GulfWars)

Baronman at aol.com Baronman at aol.com
Fri Mar 23 14:53:21 PDT 2007

In a message dated 3/23/2007 11:08:25 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
sirlyonel at hotmail.com writes:

That  "directed touch" statement is read by some to mean any deliberate shot
to  the face that touches the grill. In accordance with the standards,
however, a thrust to the face that just reaches far enough to tough the
grill without being hard enough to impart any momentum to the recipient's
helm is a thrust that never would have reached the face if the grill had  not
been present. I don't know what your knight had in mind, Bors, but I  teach
my squires to take shots according to the armor standard.

En  Lyonel

I am not familiar with the drape concept and was told  it was an open  faced
helm- period.  I agree that all touches to the face are not  "kill" shots but
I would much rather error on the side of calling a face shot  light weather it
be a sword or spear than be known as a "Rhino". ( Not that  I call calling
you a rhino- I have heard nothing but good about you)   Back in my younger days,
I have had fighters not call what I would  consider a kill to the face with
my sword and ignore the blow.   The next time  I placed a shot there ( being a
lefty, it's my favorite  shot) I made dang sure that the fighter had no
questions about calling it, but I  always regretted have to crank it up to do so.
Guess that one of the  reasons I never made knight.
Bors
Baron Loch  Soillier
Maillet d'un Dieu