[Ansteorra] SCA, the ADA, and all of us

Judie Willey littledragon0861 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 10:08:25 PDT 2007

By the Way..one more point...
I am all for having only the large "handicapped privies"...I have all to
often needed the use of one of these( I still have to use grab bars to avoid
falling in the toilet) and been unable to because the only  handicapped
privy was being used  as a changing stall...or by a lady wearing hoops under
her gown. I fully understand that it is difficult to use the regular privy
with hoops btw...but it does make it more difficult for those of us who need
the handicapped privies. I have also been in situations where all the
privies were unoccupied, and a person who could have used the regular
privies, walked into the handicapped one instead. So for the convienence of
all, wh not spend the extra $10.00 each and only get the ones that are
handiacapped accessable.

OH and someone really needs to tell the company which makes them, that they
need to be even a bit larger than they already are...try closing the door
even to one of the supposedly handicapped privies when you have a hip to toe
cast on your leg...ya cant do it ( I spent one year at Darkwell  War with my
foot sticking out the door any time I had to use the privy)

and maybe we should consider rigging some sort of curtained changing area at
events so the privies don't need to be used for this purpose?

YIS
Hadassah