[Ansteorra] New Trend flyer apology

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 26 14:21:27 PDT 2007

While I don't doubt that your list of sites is a good one, but there is an added issue of getting
the approved site to accept the SCA for an event.  There are many state park, scout and church
camp sites that the SCA has attempted to rent, to find that the committee/board of those site is
just a bit unsure of this SCA group, and they refuse us rental for an event, as is their right.
Finding a list of valid sites is one thing, actually getting accepted to use them is another.

I wonder if the event announcements should include a statement on the event flyer that indicates
the site is 'ADA Compliant' would be a way to advise those who need to know that this site works
for them, verses that the site is some back-cow-pasture primative site.  While it may not be
possible for ALL sites for events to be compliant, we can certainly make an effort to advise when
one is accessible on event announcements.

Regards, Hillary