[Ansteorra] Ansteorra Digest, Vol 11, Issue 37

djmccreary at peoplepc.com djmccreary at peoplepc.com
Thu Mar 22 09:38:32 PDT 2007

I wanted to mention that I did not mean to make it sound as it were all the
fault of Ansteorra. We were on an Ansteorra list so I mentioned it directly.
I did believe this war was a little over the top from all directions. My
personal problem was not that "Ansteorrans hit too hard" it had more to do
with the attitude we recieved after the injury. I understand that different
kingdoms have different styles and calibrations of fighting, I also
understand that what is sometimes seen as refulsal to take a blow is often
large amounts of adrenaline causing that blow to be overlooked. I fight
heavy myself, I truly understand. I do however think that rampant amounts of
rumor and speculation that "so and so wont take hits" and "they use
excessive force" on both sides, caused everyone to instead of dealing with
the issue, just automatically calibrate up to a harder and harder blow, so
that by the end of the week, I think there were people on both sides gunning
for each other. Derek is actually a member of House Takamatsu from Trimaris,
not Clan Hanashi, but the two households did train together and fight
together as one unit for most of the week. Clan Hanashi is also a fighting
unit from Trimaris, although they have members in several households.
Trimarians do try to keep blow calibrations down, although I would not go so
far as to call us a touch kill kingdom. We had several of our front line
fighters hit rather hard from behind by our own allies the adrenaline was so
high in some battles!  I did hear many of the same grumbles about the
Japanese spear fighters. I actually smiled when I heard them at first. I
have spent time with both of those households and to hear that we "struck
fear in the hearts of our enemies" after just a few battles was
heartwarming. I love hearing that our fighters are respected on the field to
the point that others often dont wish to stand face to face with them on the
line. Unfortunantly, towards the end of the week, those grumbles turned into
down right vengeful mutterings.

Ghita