[Ansteorra] bad things

Daralynn Brittain elspeth013 at hotmail.com
Sun May 13 12:08:05 PDT 2007

I agree.  And having worked with an organization similar to your wifes, I
can say this.  There are places out there to get help.  We helped people
understand what happened to them and how to deal with it.  We also taught
that revenge is a bitter pill, and it is much better to help solve problems
then create more by lawsuits.  We, the SCA, are not a difficult organization
to work with.  Better to help the SCA combat this problem then try to
assuage any guilt by suing them.  Being part of scouting and school
organizations, I have been fingerprinted, back ground checked and taken
psych exams.  They help.  They are not the total cure.  We, as an
organization, need to take proactive steps to make sure our children are
safe.  Safe from predators and safe from themselves.

I take my responsibility as a wife, mother and friend seriously and  to make
sure the children I interact with are safe and happy.  Everyone I have met
to this day in the SCA think the same way.  We just need to be alert and
make sure this does not happen again.

Best regards,

Elspeth