[Ansteorra] Bad things

Burke McCrory bmccrory at tax.ok.gov
Mon May 14 09:20:14 PDT 2007

At 10:49 AM 5/14/2007, you wrote:
>There's a lot of discussion on this list about issues I have no
>interest in, and no right to an opinion on, because I don't have the
>data and I'm not party to it.
>
>1. I cannot judge the parents; I don't have the data.
>
>2. I don't care whether they sue, or whether they win -- the
>corporate money is just not that important to me.  Corporate money
>exists to protect and serve us; we don't exist to protect the money.
>
>3. I'm not party to any court case or other issue in
>Pennsylvania.  I have no influence over, or knowledge of, how they
>ran their events and their groups.
>
>I'm not party to these issues, and they are off-topic for this
>list.  This is not a general SCA list, and it's not an East Kingdom
>list, and it's not a gossip list.  It's an Ansteorran list.
>
>The relevant topic on the Ansteorra list is this:   What do we need
>to change to protect our children?  We *are* party to running events
>and groups in Texas and Oklahoma.
>
>It's a lot harder topic than making up guesses about a situation
>when we don't have enough information, or gossiping about a
>situation we cannot control, but it has infinitely more value.
>
>Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin

Ok folks, Please let us remember that this has passed beyond the
realm of facts, into the realm of spin and Lawyer Media speak.  There
are maybe a lot of factors that are involved in this case that we
(the general populace) do not know about.  These things are always
handled with special care and utmost privacy.  While I agree that
this would appear on the surface to be a case of people (and lawyers)
going for the fast buck, we do not know if there have been other
cases that have never been made public before.  So lets do what Robin
suggested and confine our discussion to our rules and what we need to
do to make them better.  I know that we all want our children to have
fun in the safest environment possible.

Sir Burke