[Ansteorra] Bad things

Randy Nicholson rnicholson2 at gvtc.com
Mon May 14 09:23:17 PDT 2007

When I lived in Ealdormere shortly after this incident happened here is the
policy that they put in place, very similar to what other folks have
discussed about with the Boy Scouts.  First, a parent (who is not the MOC of
that event/activity) who wishes to have their children participate in these
activities must be willing to volunteer to participate with their children.
This gave the two deep that other people were talking about.  Parents
rotated this volunteer position among themselves during the event, usually
volunteering a minimum of one hour and then passing it on to the next parent
on this volunteer list.  If you didn't volunteer then your child(ren) could
not participate in that activity.  In other words, the MOC was never the
only adult supervisor there.

Don't know if we do that here or not but it is a thought.  Perhaps this
needs to be Kingdom policy.  And require that the parent volunteer sign up
sheets (initialed by the parent and the MOC when they check in for duty)
should become a part of the official record for that event and retained on
file.

They had some other check in and check out policies for the children but I
don't think they apply to the current situation we're discussing.  Mostly
about keeping track of which kids belonged to which parent(s).

Robert de Bray