[Ansteorra] Bad things

Mike Wyvill wyvillmike at hotmail.com
Mon May 14 20:39:41 PDT 2007

>From: Laetitia <laetitia at doverkeep.com>
>To: "Kingdom of Ansteorra - SCA, Inc." <ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org>
>Subject: Re: [Ansteorra] Bad things
>Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 20:28:03 -0700
>
>At 08:20 PM 5/14/2007, Mike Wyvill wrote:
> >Restrooms can be as a group. Herd the children there, herd them back.
>
>How would that work?
>
>Little Susie needs to go *right now*!!
>
>Do you interrupt the entire group at their activity and take all the
>kids? Or make Susie wait until the group's break time?
>
>Conversely - how does the "two deep" rule work on escorting a minor
>child to the bathroom alone?

You NEVER escort a child by themselves. Sorry but this is a lesson learned
the hard way by the BSA. Boy Scouts calls it the buddy system but you don't
take a child anywhere alone. You start the your activities with that march.
If not you find Susie's mom or dad and THEY take care of it. MOC activities
were never meant to be a babysitting service.

> >Disruptive children? If you use the form required by the Kingdom, the
> >parents will have stated where they would be. I am sure a passing adult
> >would be happy to oblige in summoning them.
>
>Little Susie is throwing a screaming fit (possibly because she didn't
>get to go to the bathroom *smile*)
>Do we leave little Susie screaming in the middle of the room,
>disrupting all the other children's activities until someone passing
>by can be sent for Susie's parents

Its either that or you have enough help to spare an adult. You want one to
go and then have little Susie accuse you of doing something that either
makes it impossible for you to play any more or that can get you arrested?
Remember two deep protects not only the child but the adult.

Lord Engenulf de Vienville