[Ansteorra] Bad things

Richard Threlkeld rjt at softwareinnovation.com
Mon May 14 21:11:48 PDT 2007

The proposals so far (and the final rules are not in place) say that at
least one of the people must have a current card saying they passed a
background check. If the second person is not an officer whose function
would require the background check, they need not have one.

As to the need for people beyond two. In Scouts we said two deep, but
reminded people that they might need to split up if someone was injured and
could not be moved, but we needed to go for help. So we suggested more than
two for such events. If you cannot manage two deep during a restroom break,
then take half the kids with you to the restroom or take everyone. Remember
gender appropriate escorts to the restroom.

Scouts went a bit overboard. Remember they don't have kids too young to go
to the bathroom by themselves. At camps they made them put in changing rooms
at the pools for boys, girls, men, and women and adults were not allowed in
the kids changing rooms. I have not been in a camp since my kids left
Scouting due to age, but that was the plan when I left and they were
building them.

Caelin