[Ansteorra] OT: Bedding dilemma

Galen Bevel galenbv at ix.netcom.com
Fri May 18 11:48:37 PDT 2007

Richard Threlkeld wrote:

>We have one we bought from a vendor. With his permission, we have allowed
>others to copy ours and it works out pretty well. It is four interlocking
>pieces of plywood and 4 2x4 segments that form the bottom of the bed. We
>also have 3 thin sheets of plywood that sit on top of the 2x4s. You can jump
>up and down on it without breaking it.
>
>It breaks down into a stack of lump about 4 inches thick, 6 ft long, and
>about 2.5 ft wide.
>
>In service,
>Caelin on Andrede, Elfsea

I have a couple of beds I have made from one sheet of plywood, a couple
of 1 x2s and some 1x3 slatting.  It breaks down even smaller than that
described above, since there are no large sheets of plywood, just a
small roll of slats.   You can set it up in less than 5 minutes, store
lots beneath it, and use almost anything for a mattress (air matress,
futon, foam, etc.)   If you like I can try to get the plans drwn up and
scanned in to send out.

Graf Galen K.