[Ansteorra] Fw: [Burkhaven] bad stuff here in the east

James Friend jfriend-1 at hotmail.com
Sun May 13 18:24:13 PDT 2007

This entire situation just goes to show how important it is to police
ourselves and for those of us that have children to be extra careful.  I
agree with the majority of the comments that say that this lawsuit seem's to
me to be a money grab.  The SCA is nothing more than a group of individuals
that have a common interest.  We and I repeat WE are responsible for
policing our groups.  I truly feel for the kids but as a parent I have to
ask why would any parent let there children spend the night at a bathulars
house house that does not have there own children that are friends or
family.  This is not to say that a single man or woman is not truswothy, but
as a parent it rases questions in my mind.  Unfortunatly it is to easy to be
fooled by people and it is better to be safe than sorry.  I admit I do not
know the circumstances that surround this case but, to sue the SCA for this
horrible act makes no since outside of trying to get money out of this and
sounds to me more the idea of a poor lawyer that of the parents and if it is
indeed the parents that wanted this lawsuit the all I can say is same on
them.

I do think that we collectively could do much better at policing ourselves
and hopefully this may help us in doing just that.

Just my two cents

Frederic De La Costas